Jun 20, 2016Where
$350 for program registration; $875 for registration AND 3 graduate creditsProgram Rating
Want to leave a review?Sign Up Today
Saving and investing are cornerstones of every wealth-building strategy. Insurance provides a safety net. Yet, far too many students enter the workplace with little understanding or appreciation of either.
During this session you explore saving and investing as a means to financial security and wealth-building. You also gain the knowledge and skills necessary to make informed investment decisions for you and your students. You learn why it is important to get started early. Several participative activities and “games” make for a lively learning environment.
Learn how the institutions of a market economy enhance wealth building individually and socially. In addition, there are sessions on all major forms of insurance. You are invited to a personal financial question and answer session (included in registration).
The major requirement for graduate credit is a capstone assignment that is relative to your own work back home.
Learn how to teach about…
– Investor education—knowledge and skills to build wealth
– Investor protection—avoid fraud
– Personal investing—balancing risk and reward
– The methods of investing
The economic way of thinking…
– Saving: obstacles, strategies, financial institutions, long-term benefits
– The basics of budgeting—pay yourself first
– Financial fitness for life
Insurance choices—the Big Risk Game
– Life, disability and long-term care
– Homeowners, renters, auto
– Health—why are costs rising so rapidly?
**This is a MyMazuma Staff-Added Resource. To claim it, please email us at [email protected]**